Prior to 1901 the New York Stock Exchange moved from building to building as the need for more space increased. During the years of 1896 and 1901 volume of stocks traded increased by six times and it was decided that a huge permanent Exchange building was required.
Eight architects were asked to submit their designs in competition which George B. Post won with his neoclassical design.
New York Stock Exchange
12″w x 7.5″h x 9.5″d