Kinnaird Head Lighthouse is one of over 200 located around Scotland's wild coastline. The light is owned by Historic Scotland and operated by The Museum of Scottish Lighthouses. A modern light is still operated by The Northern Lighthouse Board on the site. 
Kinnaird Head has a very important position in Scottish history as the first Northern Lighthouse Board light. The light was established at Kinnaird Head in December 1787 by Thomas Smith, Engineer to The Northern Lighthouse Board and the father-in-law of Robert Stevenson (the grandfather of Robert Louis Stevenson). Kinnaird Head is also the only lighthouse in Scotland to reuse an existing building, the site was originally a 15th century castle.

Kinnaird Head Lighthouse

SKU: SC574100200
£30.00Price

    Paypal and all Credit/ Debit Cards Gladly Accepted

    • Instagram