Boeing B-17G Flying Fortress “A Bit of Lace”
The Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress is a four-engine heavy bomber aircraft developed in the 1930s for the United States Army Air Corps (USAAC).
The B-17 was primarily employed by the United States Army Air Forces (USAAF) in the daylight precision strategic bombing campaign of World War II against German industrial and military targets. The United States Eighth Air Force, based at many airfields in southern England, and the Fifteenth Air Force, based in Italy, complemented the RAF Bomber Command's nighttime area bombing in the Combined Bomber Offensive to help secure air superiority over the cities, factories and battlefields of Western Europe in preparation for the invasion of France in 1944. The B-17 also participated to a lesser extent in the War in the Pacific, early in World War II, where it conducted raids against Japanese shipping and airfields.
This model is based upon the K - 297976 of 709 Bomber Squadron 447 Bomber group USAF stationed at Rattlesden, Norfolk in 1945. It Completed 83 bomber missions during World War II
It had a Max Speed 287 mph and operated with a crew of up to 10
Flying Fortress - B-17
Length 16: Width 22: Height 5 inches