Last of its kind
Wolfgang Denzel was born in 1908 in Graz. During his high school years, he taught his schoolmates how to build racing bikes, and during his college years he constructed his first motorcycle, the "Denzel-Villers“. At the age of 22, he went to work at his father´s company and worked in the department for electro-medical devices. However, his true love was always motorcycles and motorsports. After numerous victories, especially for BMW, he obtained in 1937 the motor cycles representation for Austria and in 1938 he got an additional car representation for the Austrian states Steiermark and Kärnten.
During the war, Wolfgang Denzel managed restoration shops for vehicles and engines. During the first post-war years, he restored wrecked Volkswagen back to roadworthy delivery trucks, and in 1948 Denzel started his first sports car production, called “WD-Equipment” on the Gumpendorfer Strasse.
Despite some difficulties, a series production was started between 1949 and 1959. 300 examples of the Denzel-Roadster and Coupé were produced and exported around the world. Around 50 examples of the Roadster and Coupé still exist today and are in a good driving condition.
A very special example of this vehicle can be admired in the car collection of the automobile museum
Denzel 4-seater convertible
AutoCult Models, based in Germany specialises in prototypes, historic and rare vehicles, mixing the obscure with the every day. Each model is offered in a display case and accompanied by a booklet with specific history on the car. Auto Cult’s models are resin cast to 1:43 scale